Friday, December 17, 2010

Las Posadas

Today is the second day of Las Posadas, a nine day holiday celebrated in Mexico, one day for each month that Mary carried Jesus in her womb.

Traditionally neighbors go from door to door in celebration of this holiday, but since this is just something E-man and I are doing, our neighbors might think it is a bit odd if we knock on their doors and ask them if there is room for us to stay. Come to think of it, the neighbor with the drunk daughter who likes to knock on our door at 2am might get the wrong idea from this, so we will skip that part of it.

Maybe I will just have E-man close the bedroom door and then I will knock on it and sing the traditional song of Las Posadas.


We will try the food on our un-suspecting playdate that is coming over later today. Now if we can just figure out how to make or find a star-shaped pinada, we will be all set.

You can find out more about Las Posadas here.

I will report later on how well the food is received. OK, before I scare you away from ever visiting my home, I assure you, there will be plenty of food that I know our guests love and they are welcome to eat that if they don't like the ponche, bunuelos and tamales.

PS. Update on yesterday's Decoration Day, we got the Christmas tree and the popcorn and cranberry strings up, but I still have a couple decorations to get for the Christmas tree to incorporate Hanukkah and Kwanzaa into the decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment